Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Kuni(x2)-PI

New years eve, and new years day was a great time for me as I was with my family in Utah taking part of the traditions that I grew up with and sharing them with my own family. We were enjoying a regular, quiet evening, waiting for the countdown to ring in the new year when suddenly dad comes bursting in the house yelling,"Hiro, somebody just hit your car! Kuni, come!" So then out rush Kuni and Kuni, dad and son, side by side in an attempt to catch the car that hit my brother's van. Our quiet evening now became an evening of excitement as Kuni-PI was on a not so hot trail to find the perpetrators. Hiro was out by the van filling out a police report while Rachel and I were peeping through the blinds speculating that we would save an innocent life from the drunk drivers that did the hit and run. As luck would have it, the Kuni-PI's were able to find the truck that hit the van and they were pulled over by two police cars, cited for a hit and run, and yes, drunk driving, and their truck was impounded. As all of this was happening, we raised our glasses in a "compai" and rang in the new year via speaker phone as we were at home and dad and Kuni were with the police.

The heroes of the night, our own KUNI-PI's , holding a piece of the damaged van!


1 comment:

Dianna said...

Love it. It's all about the stories right?!?