Thursday, December 18, 2008

Destination: Wally-world


So tomorrow Mark and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary. What a long, strange trip it's been! Actually, it has only gotten better. This is not an ode to Mark, that will come later, rather it is a post to capture the comment Mia made in the car this afternoon. Mia and I were coming home from Olive Garden where we had the annual office Christmas lunch. We were discussing our Friday schedule and how mom and dad were going out of town to celebrate our anniversary. Mark, being the romantic that he is, has planned a surprise. As it is a surprise, I have no idea where we are going. I could tell Mia is a little concerned about our destination as she asked, "Mom, what if dad takes you someplace like Walmart? What will you do?" I laughed as I truly felt her father's pressure in trying to "please" me. So I replied,"I will just be happy spending time with your daddy." She said,"Oh, but hopefully it's not Walmart!" I love that girl!

No comments: