Friday, December 19, 2008

Has it really been 10 years?

It has been a DECADE of marriage! Who would have thought it could pass by so quickly! It started out with a morning at the school, making gingerbread houses and attending class parties. Then, off for my surprise! Aunt Sabrina (thank you, btw) watched Aidyn for us during the day and Aunt Holly (a super huge thanks to you, too) watched the girls after school and over night until we returned the following afternoon. It started out with a little shopping...Mark wanted to get me something "special" to remind me of our 10 year anniversary. He has always been the romantic in our relationship. He took me jewelry shopping. For those of you who know me, I don't really wear jewelry. I rarely wear my wedding ring unless I go out. In fact, as I type this post I am ringless. Nonetheless, I was excited to see what they had in store and excited to see what I would like. After about six jewelry stores, I found the perfect band to match my wedding ring. Last year Leilani was Mark's partner in crime. He asked her to find out for him what kind style of jewelry I liked. After weeks of her bringing me jewelry advertisements and weeks of worrying that she was going to have an expensive taste for something I don't find practical, I told her,"Mom just isn't into that kind of stuff". But I have changed my mind as I have found the perfect ring. I love the ring Mark got me and am just disappointed that I will have to wait for it to be fitted before I can wear it!
After the shopping we headed to our surprise destination...Cleveland, Texas. Mark picked the most perfect place in Cleveland called The Resort at Artesian Lakes, previously known as Chain-O-Lakes.
He got a little one room cabin surrounded by water named "Dr. Anson Jones". It has a little picnic table and swing on the porch. Quaint and quiet, a perfect combination!



We had dinner at the Hilltop Herb Farm & Restraunt. I think we both enjoyed the waitress more than the food. Let's just say that they were very laid back!



We enjoyed the great outdoors watching a spider weave its web, observing the industrious life of ants, playing on a ropes course, finding the perfect little red mushroom, and seeing an alligator too up close and personal!

But mostly we enjoyed the time we had together celebrating our milestone, reminiscing upon each year of our marriage, the struggles and the success, the sadness and joy and the blessing of finding each other. Good does get better. Happy 10th Anniversary, Mark! I love you!

No comments: