Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stretchy Like Your Stomach

The day has finally come! Three weeks of bathing a child who normally doesn't need help has been quite a task (yes, to those of you young mothers, it is easily forgotten once you don't have to bathe them anymore). Aidyn is getting her cast removed! Hooray! But this post isn't about her, or about how she romped around on it broken and castless for 10 days after she jumpled off of her top bunk into a sea of toys before we brought her to get it checked out...this post is about ME and the little self-image I once had! Ai and I made a little lunch date out of getting her cast removed. I scheduled her appointment during her lunch and recess in hopes that she wouldn't miss any instructional time. It was a pretty good plan, except that the appointment took much longer than I expected. Since we hadn't had lunch we decided to grab a bite to eat before I took her back to school. No problem. She went, had fun showing off her "new" castless leg and came home (yes, with a fever of 101, but that is another story). The first thing she says when she walks in the door is,"Mom, my skin (from her cast leg) is stretchy like old skin, it looks like your stomach". Well, thank you, dear! For those of you who know me, I am not the most confident in my looks, BUT I have, for the most part, thought I had a pretty nice belly. Even after delivering three babies. So you can just imagine that what I though looked so "nice" looked like old skin to my baby girl. Yes Aidyn, you crushed my world! And gave me the best laugh all day!

No comments: