Thursday, February 10, 2011

Name That Book School Competition

There are many things I love about Mia, but the characteristic that I admire the most is her confidence. Last week she came home from school announcing that her 3rd grade team had made it to the Swenke Elementary Name That Book Finals...Wow! I didn't even know that she was part of a team! I didn't know that she and her friends spent lunch and recesses reading, studying and reviewing 100 book titles and storylines. She never asked for an opinion or told me what she was doing, she was just doing it. I would have been scared to death to be a part of a team like that! Who am I kidding, I still am! This is a picture after the school competition in which six teams (two from each grade, 3rd-5th) participated. We are proud of you girls, and especially proud of our Mia-who seriously stares fear in the face and isn't afraid to try new things!

1 comment:

Sabs said...

whoooo-hoooo go Mia! that sounds like such a fun team!!! we'll have to have our own competition for a cousin sleep over sometime!