Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mark's HEART ATTACK

This Valentine's Day was pretty low key as the girls and I did not feel like our normal selves (that means we were sick).

It started for Leilani on Friday the 11th-she attended a rockin' Valentine's Party at a friend’s house and said it was the "coolest party ever!"

Saturday night was our 3rd annual Newlywed Game, Fiesta style. Sadly, I did not have the energy to take pictures or decorate so I did not document the evening, but the food and friends were fun. Dan and Sabs took home the "Perfect Pair" prize. I'm thinking we are going to have to start making trophies for future games.

Sunday we celebrated Di's birthday and Sunday night is why I'm really writing this post. Sunday's activities had come to a close. The kids were bathed, scriptures read, prayers said, backpacks and shoes were by the front door and the kids were fast asleep...or so we thought. Mark and I were getting ready for bed when I heard something outside. I thought it might be Aidyn as she wasn't feeling well. I mentioned it to Mark, he thought it was nothing and we started talking again. I kept hearing the noise but disregarded it as I figured if Ai needed something she would vocalize it. We keep talking and Mark tells me how he wants to share a poem with me. Sure, I said, thinking that it was odd that he suddenly become poetic...this is where the fun began...I am already laughing and I haven't even typed it up yet...

Imagine Mark and I sitting in bed talking...he then becomes poetic and wants to share a poem. Oh, so sweet…and awkward too! But alas, the poem is in the kitchen so he has to get out of bed, open the door and get it. He does just that...opens the door.

Me: Look at our door! (The door has been heart-attacked and I see a glimpse of Leilani's pj pants dash past in the dark)

Mark: (Walks out of the bedroom into the powder bath where the nightlight has been left on. He wants to turn it off, when suddenly he turns to the left, crouches down into attack stance and yells) AARGH! (He charges and grabs at my daughter's arm)

Leilani: (Screaming) Dad!

I was dying of laughter at the whole split second event, Mark and Leilani were screaming out of fear into each other's faces. The end result was a lot of adrenaline, eventual laughter, and a beautifully heart-attacked door from our three girls, and yes, he still read me the poem.

Happy LOVE Day!

Thanks for making it memorable Mark and Leilani!












3 comments:

Dianna said...

SO SWEET of the kids. And yes I can't help but laugh thinking of you and Mark chatting and then him leaving to get a poem.
Thanks for the birthday dinner!!! Even bigger thanks since I know you felt no where near up to cooking and hosting and being SICK. Your the BEST!

Sabs said...

heeehehee scardy-pants:) i was kinda hoping you'd post the poem too for another laugh:) oh man i can't stop giggling....

Texasholly said...

Oh my gosh, I don't know what is funnier, Mark writing a poem or thinking that Leilani is an intruder!