Saturday, October 23, 2010

Find Your Happy Pace



Saturday mornings are rarely a day for us to sleep in. This one happened to be just like any other Saturday morning...an early long run or ride morning BUT this time it was going to be FUN because we were headed up to do the Huntsville Half Marathon with our friends. We left the house at 5:45am and carpooled up with Daniel Erwin, the Cryer's and Teerlink's (Steph's sister, Whitney and her hubby Jared). We arrived early, thank goodness, so we could all use the bathrooms (which, by the way smelled lovlier than ever) and get the jitters out of our system. It was the toughest 13.1 miles I have ever run...the hills kicked my trash and it was tough for the tum tum (I felt like throwing up at mile 8 and tasted vomit at mile 11.5). It was the first time I stopped to walk during a run because I was feeling so bad (yes, the last 2.5 miles were dreadful. How am I going to survive 26.2?). I was attempting to settle my tummy and in doing so...let the minutes pass by so 2 hours came and said good-bye. In the end I had my worst run at a 2:13 but it was all good. Mark ended up taking 2nd overall and 1st in his age-group (GO MARK!) running a 1:29. Considering the hills I'd say we did pretty good. Find your happy pace!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If it's any comfort to you, the year I ran a marathon I had a very horrible half-marathon race. It was my worst run ever and left my confidence completely shaken. It left me scared that I couldn't complete the marathon. Luckily, the marathon went much smoother and I felt better.

So, take heart and good luck to you!

Tell Mark congrats on his half!

Stephanie said...

It was a blast!! I'm so glad we all went together. You did awesome and I know you'll do great at the marathon!!! Lets just hope the marathon has nicer smelling bathrooms than the half did :-). that left throw up in my mouth!!

Sabs said...

hooray a post! no worries you'll rock in january bc i will cheer you on:)